This weekend will be our fifth and final regular season meet and it will be against the Northpark Riptide. Following are the details:
1. Location. 101 Forest Glen, Irvine 92602. Per the host team, there will be construction going on around the community’s main gate. Therefore, they advise that we enter through the gate off Portola.
2. Set-up. We can start setting up our tents and EZ Ups at 6:30am. The Northwest side of the pool deck (behind the starting blocks) is generally reserved for Waves families, but most areas that won’t interfere with the meet are fine per the host team. As always, please be mindful of the early hour and to keep noise to a minimum during set up and pre-meet start. Do NOT set up prior to Saturday morning as this is a strict commitment the Riptide have made with their HOA.
7:30am Swimmer Sign-in begins
8:00-8:40 Swimmer Warm-ups
8:40 Swimmers clear the pool
8:45 First events are called to the Ready Bench
8:50 National Anthem
9:00 Meet Begins with Event #1
4. Parking. Per the host team, parking is available nearby, but please be especially diligent about parking legally. Northpark security is very active and on the lookout for illegal parking, especially around curved corners in the area.
5. Parent Relay. All parents who are interested, please see Ralph Aoki during the first half of the meet.
6. Exclusive Woodbury Waves ISL Championships Tee. As published yesterday, please have your apparel order form filled out and payment on hand ($20/item) for Rachel Young at this week’s meet. We are printing a limited run so please see Rachel as soon as possible on Saturday.
7. Spirit Party and End of Year Party. Please make sure to get your $10 payment (per family) to Kim Wilmot on Saturday or as soon as possible, and please RSVP if you haven’t done so.
8. Volunteer Hours. Please make sure you are on track to fulfill your volunteer hours. If you are not, please submit payment to Ralph Aoki as soon as possible (if you have not already).
9. Concession/Food. The following is their menu (including, but not limited to):
Teriyaki Chicken Bowls from Da Luau
Taco Guy (he sells tacos apparently)
Juice It Up
Hamburgers & Cheeseburgers
Chili Burgers & Chili Dogs
and more stuff…
The Concession Stand will be CASH ONLY.
Thanks, everyone, for a great season so far – let’s finish the regular season in strong fashion! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday – GO WAVES!
Woodbury Waves Board